Brandys Evans, MA, RCC
I am here to help you, or your child, dealing with anxiety, trauma, PTSD, family relationships, parenting, ADHD, learning disabilities, and intimate relationships. In other words, situations that make you feel like you’re overwhelmed and like you’re struggling to cope.
I am passionate about understanding you and your own unique story. My greatest desire is that you feel heard, supported, and understood. Strength comes simply from knowing that you matter, that you are valued, just the way you are. The greatest source of stability for yourself, or your child, is waiting deep down inside of you. I help you connect to that source so you can go forward living the life that you want while having the strength to just be you!
To support you, I combine developmental psychology with the understanding of the nervous system to provide knowledge, healing, and hope. I look forward to working with you!
Work with me
An opportunity to ask questions and identify what you need and how to proceed.
- 1 x 30 minute session
Counselling Session (sliding scale available)
When you need support, a check-in, or a sounding board, I am here for you. My areas of expertise include PTSD, trauma, stress, anxiety, relationships, parenting, and family -related issues. I focus on empowering you through the process of understanding you and your nervous system and what you need to do to move forward.
- 1 x 50 minute session
Child/Youth Counselling Session
A shorter session to accommodate the unique needs of children and youth.
- 1 x 25 minute session
Secure Messaging Support
A unique opportunity to interact via messaging. When you need immediate and continuous support and feel more comfortable interacting via text.
- Up to 10 messages (email style) per 30-day period
- Response within 24 hours during the week, and 48 hours on the weekend
- PIPPA, PIPEDA, HIPPA compliant for security and confidentiality
My Qualifications Include:
- Registered Clinical Counsellor with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (Registration # 14307)
- A Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology
- A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology in Developmental and Clinical Studies from Simon Fraser University
- Rapid Transformational Therapy Practitioner
- Certified in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) for Trauma and other mental heath issues
- Level 1 – Somatic Experiencing
- Level 1 – Working with the Neurobiological Legacy of Trauma
- Level 1 – Mindfulness-based Somatic Therapy
- Level I – EMDR Child, Complex Trauma and Dissociation
- Expressive Play Therapy for Complex Trauma
- Parent Child Relationship Therapy
- 23 years of being a Mother